Course Code: 10724NAT
Course Description: This course is intended to provide participants with a range of knowledge and skills to perform the following functions associated with the medical and forensic management of adult sexual assault in a health setting:
- respond effectively to the immediate health needs of an adult male or female patient following a sexual assault
- focus on the medical, legal and ethical specialist skills and knowledge required to carry out a forensic medical examination
- make high order, independent, complex judgements in a specialised context
- communicate effectively with diverse patients, within a specific legal framework
- provide expert opinion within the criminal justice system
Target audience: The Graduate Certificate in the Medical and Forensic Management of Adult Sexual Assault is targeted at:
- Doctors working for NSW health who are required to provide medical care and forensic examinations to adult victims of sexual assault
- Registered nurses who are training to become Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners working for NSW health who provide medical care and forensic examinations for adult victims of sexual assault.
2021_10713NAT Graduate Certificate in Men’s Behaviour Change Individual and Group-work Interventions
Course Description: The qualification is designed for current and emerging workers experienced in working with people impacted by Domestic and Family Violence who will directly engage in holding men accountable and responsible for their behaviours through one to one and group work interventions.
Core to this qualification is the applications of interventions that are integrated in a family safety model and enhance the safety and well being of the women, partners and children impacted by the man’s use of violence directed towards them.
Course target audience: Workers employed or seeking employment in a NSW compliant Men’s Behaviour Change Program (MBCP) or who provide or seek to provide specialist interventions with male perpetrators of DFV in other contexts.
Course Code/Name: IN1038 - 10826NAT Graduate Certificate in Integrated Violence, Abuse and Neglect Interventions.
Venue: Delivered at Cumberland Hospital Campus, North Parramatta.
Target audience: The 10826NAT Graduate Certificate in Integrated Violence, Abuse and Neglect Interventions qualification is targeted at current counsellors, clinicians, clinical leaders, psychologists, social workers and managers requiring training to achieve new and specialised skills to ensure state-wide consistency of integrated NSW Health service provision to people who have experienced violence, abuse and neglect.